• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Smoke makes me sick

continuousbeing2

Bluelighter
Long story condensed down, perhaps someone here can give me some insight:

Cigs have always made me feel sick. If i ever smoked one I would have pretty immediate stomach issues, usually resulting in puking or having some wicked runs. However, other smoke never did that to me, just ciggies.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I went to a wedding and ended up getting food poisoning. It put me in a weakened state, and i got pretty sick for a few weeks. Lung infection, stomach issues, and so forth. Ever since then, pretty much any smoke inhalation makes me sick. However, now, it is not just a feel crappy and it passes, now if I smoke more than one time (and by one time, i mean one time inhaling) in a week or so I start to get sick. Almost like stomach flu symptoms.

However, this same thing does not happen, at all, when using a vaporizer. just actual smoke, no matter what kind. Now, I can easily go without smoking things for the rest of my life, but I am just wondering if this is some sort of indication of a larger problem with me.

Any way, yeah, I have no idea if people here have ever heard of such a thing or can deduce some sort of general insight. Thanks

Sounds reasonable, smoke contains unhealthy things, perhaps take it as a blessing you will never get lung cancer because you will never be smoking!! :)

yeah same .

When i smoke weed its not as harsh on the throat for some reason .

Smoking ciggarets burns alot and i almost choke !

It sounds like a good thing. So you are basically saying that only tobacco smoke makes you feel sick?
Maybe your body is extra sensitive to nicotine/tobacco. I've occasionally had similar symptoms before my body got used to smoking tobacco. And you only feel the symptoms when you smoke tobacco? If that's the case then I'm pretty sure that your body just doesn't like tobacco.

I don't know why I ever started smoking, it never felt particularly good (besides on MDMA or opiates) and now it is hard as fuck to quit. At the moment I've gone about 12+ hours without a cig and hopefully this will be my last time quitting. If I were you I'd just be glad that my body disagrees with it and make sure that I didn't slowly start tolerate/learn to like smoking tobacco.

i got throat ulcers from the flu and now even second hand smoke makes it feel like im catching on fire and cant breathe

i actually gave a freind a dollar to put out a cig on a long car trip

This happened to me for a considerable number of years on a regular basis with any smoke (but especially cigarettes). It still happens on occasion and I'll vomit or almost vomit and feel like absolute shit for over an hour and then return to...a semi-normal state. Lately I've been smoking more cigs again and my stomach has been super irritated, maybe you just solved my problem

I don't like smoke, particularly tobacco. Cannabis doesn't really bother me. Cigs make me sick as hell, and dizzy. Also, they make me feel, for a short bit, like I'm on the bad end of a coke comedown - until the nicotine wears off. Fuck tobacco. Weed FTW.